Executive Program in Business Management-IIM Calcutta
As the world advances into the current century, managers face the challenge of increasing competition due to the globalization of business and economy. Salient changes witnessed are the deregulation and liberalization of economies, changing industry structures, mergers, acquisitions & alliance formations to sustain growth, privatization, technological advances, changes in the consumer preferences and life-style, and emergence of new forms of organization & management practices.Not only business organizations, but the managers themselves need to equip themselves with new skills and resources needed to manage such enterprises. These skills are needed for the managers to assume greater responsibilities through career advancement based on knowledge, skills and competence.The Executive Programme in Business Management is designed to provide managers and professionals with a broad overview of the key concepts, tools and techniques needed to successfully meet the challenges of today's global business environment. Individual courses will give participants the knowledge needed to work cross-functionally within the organization and become more skilled in the basics of business management.
- Premier & successful General Management Program from IIMC – India's foremost business school
- Revised and updated course content and coverage
- Books, Cases and Study Materials included in the Course
- A new team of program directors, each from a core business area, to build in more rigour & quality into the program
- Specially selected core faculty
- Quality interactions and increased peer group learning
- Specifically designed for working executives with all the flexibility benefits of Interactive Onsite Learning.
- Participants selected, based on elaborate selection process and profiling.
- Alumni Status from IIMC
- Huge alumni base from past 18 batches have been largely benefited from this programme. Several participants have advanced their careers within and outside their organizations.
- Superior performance on the job
- Exclusive focus on imparting managerial skills
- Development of career
- Premier certification from IIM Calcutta
- Career Enhancement
Schedule & Duration
- 12 months excluding campus, holidays and examinations.
- No of Hours on platform: 264 hours 2 Campus components of 5 days each
Monday 6.45 PM – 9.45 PM; Saturday 3.30 PM – 6.30 PM
Who Should Attend
Middle & Senior level working executives and professionals in business organizations may apply for this program. The program offers quality interactions with experienced executives, and peer group learning as average experience of the participants is around 8-10 years.
The pedagogy will be highly interactive. It will leverage use of technology and will consist of, depending on the subject, a judicious blend of lectures, real life case studies, quizzes and assignments.
- Applicants should be working professionals/self-employed.
- Graduates (10+2+3) / post graduates in any discipline with min. 50% marks [aggregate - considering results of all years (e.g. 3 or 4 together)] recognized by UGC/AICTE.
- Minimum 5 years of work experience (full-time paid employment) post completion of graduation as on Application Closure Date.
An Entrance Test will be conducted to select eligible candidates to the programme. Candidates who qualify the above eligibility criteria will be considered for the Entrance Test. Final Selection will be made basis the candidates' performance in the Entrance Test. No deviations to the laid out Eligibility Criteria (unless otherwise mentioned above) will be considered. For ready reference, download preparation material from
Desired Proficiencies in the Candidate (in addition to the Eligibility Criteria) – Proficiency in English since it would be the medium of instruction.
- Basic numerical ability and mathematical skills – including Algebra (e.g. Equation of Straight Line), Basic Differential & Integral Calculus and Ability to Interpret Graphs.
- Ability to reason logically
- General awareness – including knowledge of Industry
|For Indian Students|
|Application Fee||INR 2,000/-|
|Program Fee||INR 2,72,000/- (S.Tax)|
|Registration Fee||INR 6,800/- + (S.Tax)|
|Campus Fee||INR 40,000/- + (inclusive of S.Tax)|
- IIMC invests a lot to maintain high quality of program delivery. The student fee includes all the course material which is books, simulations and cases, certification and alumni membership for IIMC.
- Fee for Books and Cases is included in the total Fees.
- All fees except "Campus Fee" is to be paid online.
- Campus Fee is not included in the installment schedule below.
- Last Date of Application: 8th April 2017
- Last date of Entrance Test: 10th April 2017
- Application Submission at IIMC: 14th April, 2017
- Selection List Date: 21st April 2017
- Last Date for Payment of Fees: 12th May 2017
- Technical Training: 28th May 2017
- Class Start Date: 17th May 2017 with 1st Campus Visit
12th May 2017
Total:INR 80,100/- + S.T.
(Program Fee: INR 73,300/- + S.T.
Registration: INR 6,800/- + S.T.)
16th Sep 2017
INR 69,420/- + S.T.
11th Dec 2017
INR 69,420/- + S.T.
6th March 2018
INR 59,860/- + S.T.
Spread over one year, the program provides the participants with skills for leadership in the knowledge economy through an innovative curriculum. Faculty from IIMC and distinguished visiting faculty from reputed academic institutions and industry handle these courses.The program curriculum focuses on equipping the participants:
- with an inside look at each main functional area, its purpose and role
- with the ability to understand the economic and regulatory trends
- learn various analytical tools and techniques that can give deeper insights in to business
- with the ability to take a big picture approach quintessential for senior managers.
The in-campus component is held at the end of the 1-year Program. This is a crucial component covering 5 days, which provides the participants an orientation towards case based learning. It is compulsory for all participants.
Course Title: Behavioral Sciences-1
- Introduction & Foundations
- Personality, & Perception
- Values & Attitudes
- Group & Team Dynamics
- Case Discussion
- Case Discussion
Course Title: Behavioral Sciences-2
- OD: Strategy-Environ-Effectiveness
- Fundamentals of Structure
- Technology, Age, Life cycle
- Organizational Culture
- Organizational Change
- Case Discussion
Course Title:Managerial Economics I – Micro-economics
- Demand-supply Analysis
- Elasticity , Opportunity Cost , Production Costs
- Production Costs contd., Firm Behavior, Perfect Competition
- Perfect Competition contd., Monopoly
- Pricing Strategies, Game Theory
- Game Theory contd., Asymmetric Information
- Asymmetric Information contd., Externalities, Public Goods
Course Title:Managerial Economics II – Macro-economics
- National Income Accounting
- Theory of income Determination
- Monetary Policy
- Fiscal Policy
- Open Economy Macroeconomics
Course Title: Financial Accounting
- Conceptual Framework of Accounting
- Understanding Financial Statements – I
- Concepts of Corporate Financial Statements
- Balance Sheet
- Profit & Loss Statement
- Understanding Financial Statements – II
- Preparation & presentation of financial statements – Balance Sheet
- Understanding Financial Statements – III
- Preparation & presentation of financial statements – Profit & Loss Statement
- Understanding Financial Statements – IV
- Cash Flow Statement
- Exercises on Cash Flow Statement
- Understanding Financial Statements – V
- Select Corporate Accounting Policies: Implications
- Financial Statements Analysis – I
- Basic Analytical Tools
- Analyzing an Annual Report
- Financial Statements Analysis – II
- Profitability Analysis
Course Title: Cost & Management Accounting
- Overview of cost accounting principles. elements of cost; cost classification; cost sheet
- Accounting for overheads, allocation of Service department costs, joint products
- Absorbtion and marginal costing methods.
- Job costing, process costing (1)
- Process costing (2), assessment of cost behaviour, learning curves
- Cost – Volume – Profit analysis; break even analysis, cost information for special decisions (relevant costing)
- Standard costing, budgetary control, variance analysis, introduction to Activity Based Costing (ABC)
Course Title: Statistics
- Probability Theory & its Applications
- Utility & Decision Making
- Distribution Theory – Modeling Real Data
- Bi-variate Data Analysis
- Sampling Theory
- Statistical Inference
- Advance Inference (case studies & applications)
Course Title: Marketing Management
- Introduction to Marketing Management – Customer Focus and Managing Customer Loyalty
- Evaluating Opportunities in the Changing Marketing Environment
- Marketing Research and Market Intelligence
- Marketing Research Process
- Designing Customer Driven Marketing Strategy and Marketing Mix Management
- Product Decisions
- Promotion Decisions
- Pricing Decisions
- Sales and Distribution Decisions
Course Title: Human Resource Management
- Human Resource Management Context and Challenge.
- Trends and Challenges.
- External and Internal factors.
- Organizational and Individual Perspective.
- HRM System.
- Human Resource Planning, Recruitment, Selection and Induction.
- Selection Process and Methods
- Training, Development and Career Planning
- Training Plan and Process
- Career Development
- Performance Appraisal & Reward System
- Control and Motivation Needs.
- Purpose, Process, Outcomes.
- Feedback, Developmental Appraisal.
- Individual and Group Rewards
Course Title: Operations Management
- Operations Management: An Overview
- Process Analysis
- Production & Operations Planning
- Total Quality Management
- Managing Inventory
- Building Quality in Products/Processes
- Supply Chain Management
Course Title: Corporate Finance
- Corporate Finance Overview.
- Capital Structure.
- Longterm Finance
- Capital Budgeting Techniques
- Working Capital Management
Course Title: Information Technology for Competitive Advantage
- Foundations – Excel Skills for Modelling
- Lookup, Data Table, Scenario Manager, Pivot Tables, Goal Seek, Solver
- Model Engineering & Analysis
Course Title: Strategic Management
- Course Overview
- What is strategy?
- Industry Analysis & Competition
- Growth Strategies
- Diversification and Corporate Strategy
- Strategic failure and core rigidities
- Nuances of strategy implementation
- Managing strategic change
The program was good.It provides a wonderful learning opportunity.It is upto each of the students to make best use of the opportunity. Some of the professors have been extremely good adn inspiring.However, there is some scope for improvment as lectures from some of the professors have not lived upto the expectations.
Hughes Network has been a wonderful platform which provides an opportunity to working professionals to sharpen their skills while continuing to cope up with the day-to-day job requirements.
Begumpet centre has been a "wonderful" facility providing the best possible support to all the students. You and your team have been very reliable whenever we needed help. The pleasant attitude(a smile on the face whenever we ask for help has been a trademark feature) of all the support staff and your ever dependable support are memorable.
Course & Batch: EPBM – Batch 21
Centre & Institute: Alaknanda
Prof. Manju Jaiswall, Prof. Sumanta Basu and Prof. Ramendra Singh