Executive Program For Young Managers
Young managers graduating from professional programmes with specialization in areas such as engineering, medicine, pure sciences, commerce, etc., enter the workplace with little exposure to managerial concepts and skills. For them, the initial immersion into the complex world of practice can be challenging. After a period unwavering commitment and attention to the details of one's work, the executive in search of excellence requires fresh insights and inputs. There arises a need for sharpening skills and strengthening the value of one's experience with theoretical buttress. Towards this end, EPYM aims to equip these professionals with the appropriate managerial know-how. EPYM is designed to provide both perspective and managerial skills to successfully meet the challenges of today's global business environment. The program provides an integrated overview of core business functions, key concepts, tools and techniques and enhances skills to provide a programme participant critical inputs required to do well in select functional areas. The program would enhance the participant's ability to face current and future challenges of management and business administration.
- Premier & successful General Management Program from IIMC – India's foremost business school
- Revised and updated course content and coverage
- Books, Cases and Study Materials included in the Course
- A new team of program directors, each from a core business area, to build in more rigour & quality into the program
- Specially selected core faculty
- Quality interactions and increased peer group learning
- Specifically designed for working executives with all the flexibility benefits of Interactive Onsite Learning.
- Participants selected, based on elaborate selection process and profiling.
- Alumni Status from IIMC
- Huge alumni base from past 18 batches have been largely benefited from this programme. Several participants have advanced their careers within and outside their organizations.
- Superior performance on the job
- Exclusive focus on imparting managerial skills
- Development of career
Schedule & Duration
- EPYM is of 1 year duration.
- Campus visit will be of 5 days
Saturday 6.45 PM – 9.45 PM
Saturday 6.45 PM – 9.45 PM
Sunday 12.15 PM – 3.15 PM
Who Should Attend
Young working executives and professionals in business organizations may apply for this program. The program offers quality interactions with experienced executives, and peer group learning as average experience of the participants is around 4 years.
- Applicants should be working professionals/self-employed.
- Graduates (10+2+3) / post graduates in any discipline with min. 50% marks [aggregate - considering results of all years (e.g. 3 or 4 together)] recognized by UGC/AICTE.
- Minimum 1 – 5 years of work experience (full-time paid employment) post completion of graduation as on Application Closure Date.
Admission Criteria & Profile Desired
An Entrance Test will be conducted to select eligible candidates to the programme. Candidates who qualify the above eligibility criteria will be considered for the Entrance Test.
Final Selection will be made basis the candidates' performance in the Entrance Test. No deviations to the laid out Eligibility Criteria (unless otherwise mentioned above) will be considered.
Desired Proficiencies in the Candidate (in addition to the Eligibility Criteria) –
Desired Proficiencies in the Candidate (in addition to the Eligibility Criteria) – Proficiency in English since it would be the medium of instruction.
- Proficiency in English since it would be the medium of instruction.
- Basic numerical ability and mathematical skills – including Algebra (e.g. Equation of Straight Line), Basic Differential & Integral Calculus and Ability to Interpret Graphs.
- Ability to reason logically
- General awareness – including knowledge of Industry>
Program Directors/ Faculty
Prof. J. Nimruji Prasad, Prof. Megha Sharma, Prof. Rita Mehta and Prof. Arpita Ghosh
Certification & Alumnus Status
IIM Calcutta shall carry out the examination and evaluation required for certification. IIM Calcutta will directly award a certificate to participants who complete the program successfully. Giving feedback is an integral part of the completion requirements of the program. Successful Candidates will be offered the IIMC – MDP Alumni status.
|For Indian Students|
|Application Fee||INR 2,000/-|
|Program Fee||INR 1,65,000/- + INR 20,394/- (Service Tax)|
|Registration Fee||INR 4125/- + Service Tax|
|Campus Fee||INR 36,000/- + Service Tax|
- IIMC invests a lot to maintain high quality of program delivery. The student fee includes all the course material which is books, simulations and cases, certification and alumni membership for IIMC.
- Installment amounts does not include campus fees.
Application Closure Date:
15th July 2016
Class Start Date:
5th Aug 2016
INR 71,200/- + service Tax
5th Nov 2016
INR 49,840/- + S.Tax
5th Feb 2017
INR 48,085/- + S.Tax
- Broad factors that define business environments
- Specific issues affecting business organizations and workplace
- Managerial skills and their utilization in different domains
- Key functional areas in management
- Analytic tools for decision making in managerial situations
- Perception, Personality, Sea Pines (Case)
- Interpersonal Communication, Managing Interpersonal Relationships, Blackman-Dodds(Case)
- Managing Conflict in Teams, Bob Knowlton(Case)
- Understanding Team Dynamics, Henry Tam (Case)
Economics & Public Policy
- Understanding Micro economics: The key concepts of Economics such as Trade-off, opportunity cost, Cost-benefit principle &Optimal decision taken based on Marginal analysis.
- Understanding Macroeconomics: Some Major issues in Macroeconomics such as Gross Domestic Product (Definition and measurement issues in National Income Accounting), Unemployment and Inflation are included.
- Regulatory and business environment
- Product Decisions
- Integrated Marketing Communication Strategy and Advertising & Sales Promotion
- The Marketing Environment
- New Product Development
- Sales & Distribution
- Overview of financial accounting
- Preparation of financial statements
- Analysis of financial statements and ratios
- Cost accounting
- Overview of financial management – deliberations to cover problems & illustrations on all relevant topics
- An Overview
- Process Analysis
- Efficient Planning of Operations
- Inventory Management
- Supply Chain Management
Advanced Behavioral Science
- Advanced behavioral issues
- Structuring organizations for performance
- Talent sourcing and development
- Performance oriented practices
- Managing careers
- Strategic Brand Management
- Branding of Services and Global Branding
- Sales & Distribution Management I
- Sales & Distribution Management II
- Personal Selling and Retailing
- Project Presentations
- Overview of corporate finance
- Avenues for long term finance
- Capital budgeting techniques
- Avenues for short term finance & working capital management
- Financial markets – liberalization, globalization, integration and volatility
- Risk, kinds of risk and risk management
- Risk hedging and derivatives – deliberations to cover problems and illustrations on all relevant topics
- Application Of Linear Programming
- Fallacy Of Averages
- Project Management
- Integer & Dynamic Programming
- Decision Analysis
- Theory & Practical Inputs
- Case study approach.
- Assignments, E-Learning, & Business Simulation
Assessment & Evaluation:
Written Test, Assignments, Project & Online Examinations
Evaluation shall be conducted by the institute. Participants are evaluated on the basis of examinations for all the courses.
IIMC shall carry out the examination and evaluation required for certification. It will award the certificate of successful completion to participants who complete the programme successfully
Learning through IOL is a great experience which enabled me to attend my sessions during hard working schedules. Just because of IOL technology I am able to interact with professors and my batch mates; in nutshell I can say that this is a very powerful and efficient technology and learning is a fun experience in comparison to other modes of interaction- Arunima Mishra
Learning experience at Hughes is great. I could come out and be able to explore the new ways of learning which I am applying at my work place- Saptarshi Roy
All faculties of the programs are just superb, well experienced and experts of their own area. Faculties help a lot to the students to understand and conceptualize the learning. They make the pedagogy an experience to cherish- Arun Mishra
The program is well structured according to the need of participants. This is like a kaleidoscope which gives us the insight of the subjects and builds our skills in various functional areas. The program is made to capture the flavor of all possible verticals and area of knowledge which are the mandate for today's young professionals- Barnita Biswas
EPYM has been so aptly designed that the young professionals get the flavor of all the important subjects which would help them in fast track their career. The topics covered in the program revolves around the relevant subject lines which boosts the knowledge and skills of the students. As a student of EPYP I am extremely benefitted as I can apply the learning outcomes at my work place and by which I can see a 360 degree improvement and growth in my career. Thanks Hughes and IIMC to bring this wonderful program for us- Sushma Shukla