Post Graduate Certificate in Business Management
Accredited By Association of MBAs
Corporates believe more than ever before that experience forms the backbone of effective performance in the corporate world, yet knowledge upgradation and continuous learning is increasingly being seen as a sign of both employees' as well as organizations commitment to learn from the best institutes as a means to stay at the top of the game.
A general management program of 12 months duration from a top management institute like XLRI definitely addresses this need. In fact PGCBM has earned itself a unique reputation over a decade amongst both individual students as well as corporate HRD personnels as a program that gives its students the knowledge and skills to attain desired career advantage.
The program earns its badge of respect owing to its rigor in teaching and assessments, with students hugely appreciating the astute monitored learning and skilling.
- To give participants an understanding of problems and issues in the field of Business and Management
- To give the participants a holistic perspective of Business Management so that they can shoulder greater responsibilities in their careers ahead with better awareness.
- The latest and the best practices and problem solving acumen from the Indian as well as International context
- To provide skills, knowledge and tactical approach to assess the business situations and handle tasks more effectively.
- Premier certification from XLRI
- Career Enhancement
Schedule & Duration
Saturday – 6:45PM to 9:45PM and Sunday – 6:45PM to 9:45PM
Who Should Attend
Executives and professionals in business organizations may apply for this program. The program offers quality interactions with experienced executives, and peer group learning as average experience of the participants is around 7 years.
- Applicants should be working professionals/self-employed.
- Must possess minimum of 2 years of work experience in related field after completing graduation. However, preference would be given to candidates with higher experience – at least 5 years.
- Full Time Degree Graduates (10+2+3) in any discipline with min. 50% marks [aggregate - considering results of all years (e.g. 3 or 4 together)] recognized by UGC/AICTE..
Admission Criteria & Profile Desired
- Academic Record
- Years and Quality of work experience.
- Personal Interviews to be conducted by XLRI faculty using Hughes Global Education Interactive Onsite Learning Platform
Candidates who qualify the above eligibility criteria will be selected into the program. No deviations to the laid out Eligibility Criteria will be considered. The desired candidate for the program would ideally have a good work experience (around 5 years) with a strong academic background. Proficiency in English is desired since it would be the medium of instruction. The candidate must also have the drive to learn and imbibe the teachings of the program. General knowledge of the industry of work and working knowledge of computers is also necessary.
- Recognized Certification from XLRI – one of the foremost B School in the country and reputed to be one of Asia's finest business schools.
- Selection is through a personal interview by the XLRI senior faculty members
- Rigorous Programme Structure with assessments for every course
- Competitive Price of 2.15 lacs – This price for a program of this brand is not available in country today
- Learning from the best faculty in India and Industry Experts
- Well researched & up-to-date Course Content
- Case studies and simulations
- Alumni membership of XLRI present globally – which has its own sets of advantages for identity, brand value, and marketability of the participants
- Peer learning through rich student profile & Networking opportunities.
- Continue earning while you gain a high quality Certification and improve eligibility for better job profiles with a recognized certification
The examination and evaluation required for certification shall be carried out XLRI Jamshedpur. The faculty members teaching their respective courses will choose the method of evaluation most appropriate to the material. The certificate will be awarded directly by XLRI Jamshedpur. Successful Candidates will be offered Alumni status.
|For Indian Students|
|Application Fee||INR 2,000/- + service tax|
|Program Fee||INR 1,90,000/- + service tax|
|Campus Fee||INR 35,000/- + Service Tax|
- All fees to be paid in favour of "XLRI JAMSHEDPUR"
- A deferred payment schedule is also available
|Application Closure Date||27th May, 2015|
|Interview Dates||3rd June – 6th June, 2015|
|Date of 1st Installment||27th June, 2015|
|Date for 1st Session (on IOL)||3rd Week of July|
Books / Study Materials and Campus Fees together amounting to INR 35,000/- should be payable to XLRI on or before 3rd September, 2015.
Application and Admissions Procedure
|Installment||Date||Amount INR||Amount USD|
|I||27th June, 2015||INR 70,000/-|
|II||3rd Sep, 2015||INR 35,000/-|
|III||3rd Dec, 2015||INR 65,000/-|
|IV||3rd March, 2016||INR 55,000/-|
Please Note: All fees mentioned above are exclusive of Service Tax. Service Tax at the rate of 12.36% will be applicable on the fees mentioned above. Any change in Service Tax or any other applicable taxes during the tenure of the programme needs to be borne by the student.
- Principles of Marketing
- Quantitative Methods for Decision-Making
- Operations Research
- Organizational Behavior
- Operations & Production Strategy
- Managerial Economics
- Managerial Accounting
- Corporate Finance
- Sales & Distribution Management
- Product and Brand Management
- Human Resource Management
- Strategic Management
- International Management
- International Financial Management
- Business Law
- Consumer Behavior & Marketing Research
- Organization Structure, Design & Change
- Logistics & Supply Chain Management
- Financial Markets & Banking
- Project Work
End term Examination to be conducted at neutral venues in specific cities by XLRI. The faculty members teaching their respective courses will choose the method of evaluation most appropriate to the material. Regular Quizzes will be conducted online /offline in the classrooms by the Institute.
The certificate will be awarded directly by XLRI, Jamshedpur.
Alumni status to be provided by XLRI.
Assessments & Evaluation:
The institute shall set the papers for examinations and evaluation shall be done by the institute. The faculty members teaching their respective courses will choose the method of evaluation most appropriate to the material. Regular Quizzes to be conducted online / offline in the classrooms by the Institute. End term – Examination to be conducted at neutral venues in specific cities by XLRI.
XLRI shall carry out the examination and evaluation required for certification. It will award the certificate of successful completion to participants who complete the programme successfully
- Academic Record
- Years and quality of work experience
- Personal Interviews to be conducted by XLRI faculty either using Hughes Interactive Learning Platform or through face-to-face mode
- Theory & Practical Inputs
- Case study approach.
- Group Work
- Assignments, E-Learning, & Business Simulation
To know about Faculty, please visit:
To know about XLRI, please visit: http://www.xlri.ac.in/